Sunday, November 2, 2008

Is Forever Enough?

Do you know what I would do to make you smile?
To make you happy, if for only awhile,
If my wishes were dreams, and my dreams came true,
Coud you trust me enough to love me too?

In a world of hope, will I hope enough?
I will wait for you forever, but is forever enough?

I have dreamt of your answer, and you deserve more,
And you deserve better than any love before,
You may not remember a lost cause as myself,
Passionate words collecting dust on your shelf.

In a world of hope, do I hope enough?
I'm waiting for you forever, but is forever enough?

A heart unnoticed is still a heart in the moment,
And moments with intent are moments well spent,
The moments we find cannot be followed behind,
Because lost causes are caused by a love that has lost us.

I wonder in this world of hope, if I hope enough,
Know that I will wait for you forever if forever is long enough.

(I wander in our world of hope, and found that you can never hope enough,
I'm waiting here for you forever, hoping forever is long enough.)

A Poem. 12th Grade

1 comment:

kc said...

this poem is amazing :)