Saturday, November 1, 2008

Feelings of Love Lost in Translation and History

 What is masquerading as a dissipated dream following my every tread?
When every backward glance surrenders more of a forgotten heart
Forgotten for conscience's sake, but begotten for what love intends
I shall not say it haunts me but rather reminds me of loves hardest part

Every sign is another story to fade into the night
Every breath is a memory that is just passing through
Every intention is revealed under each illuminated street light
And every star is a wish that never came true

And truth be told, guilt holds my hand just as loving as a promise
There are untold stories that can only be read from silent eyes
And the slightest breeze has diminished the dreams vividness
But it still lives in curious minds and only comes out for a cry time to time

Every step is a struggle between necessity and morality
Every whisper is a longing feeling my heavy heart has known
Every blink is an emotion that has gotten the best of me
But inside there is a soul that has grown.

A poem. 11th grade

No comments: